Incentives and opportunities
The last thing your business needs is more red tape! Whatever you’re building, whether it's a real estate development or a new sushi restaurant, Lakewood, WA has the incentives and opportunities to help your business compete.
With buyers priced out by Seattle's soaring prices, real estate demand in South Puget Sound is booming. Lakewood envisions a mixed-use urban core to meet that demand.
- A downtown plan centered on walkability, density, and amenities
- Multi-family tax exemptions and Opportunity Zones
Dining, Retail & Entertainment+
Bring your unique retail, dining, or entertainment concept here, and get your piece of $14 billion in regional economic impact driven by the 4th largest military base in the world.
- 2.85 million square feet of commercial space
- 132,000 serviced by JBLM (the state's 2nd largest employer)
- Pent up demand for unique retail and dining experiences
Light Industrial & Warehouse+
With easy access to I-5 and the Port of Tacoma and some of the largest industrial parks in the state, we can help you scale up your light industrial or warehousing operation fast.
- No local B&O tax, no development impact fees
- Foreign Trade Zone #86 administered by the Port of Tacoma
- Approved EB5 Regional Center
- Woodbrook Business Park
- Lakewood Industrial Park
Medical & Professional Offices+
The South Sound’s growing population is hungry for medical services, Class A office buildings, and great jobs that don’t require a long commute. And we have affordable but desirable land to build your next campus.
- Tax incentives for building in Lakewood
- Well-trained veterans ready for a second career
- Lots of commuters who would love to work locally